Sunday, May 17, 2015

Baikohken ramen

I chanced upon Baikohken ramen restaurant in 1KM. I was looking for a place to have my dinner. Coincidentally, I was also thinking about walking down to Paya Lebar Square to eat ramen.

Ramen and Gyoza

I ordered the Shoyu ramen, which I preferred better than Tonkotsu.  The soy based broth had a clear brown color and a salty taste. The broth wasn't too overwhelming and rich of pork flavors. I also had some gyoza to go on the side, which were forgettable.

Shoyu ramen

The chashu was pretty good. It was very tender. The meat was also lean that it didn't leave a strong oily taste in the mouth. The bamboo shoots were firm and subtly cooked, giving a nice bite to the dish.The highlight of the dish however were the noodles. They were chewy and flavorful. The chewiness of the noodles was a good complement to the dish adding another layer of texture to the dish. 

Overall, it was a good ramen. The noodles particularly made the dish very good. The subtle flavors in dish worked well together with different textures in the noodles, bamboo shoots and chashu. 

No comments: